Monday, November 19, 2007

Just Returned from National Realtors Convention in Vegas

If I learned nothing else, I learned that everyone in the US and most places around the world are in the same boat that we are in Charleston, some a little worse and a few (very few) a little better. We are all in a pretty good real estate market, for example over 10,000 homes have already sold and closed in Charleston this year and we have 2 more months of sales to post yet.

The media is making it sound like everything is doom and gloom, but it is just not true. Rates are down, our economy in Charleston is kicking butt and people are moving here from all over. I just closed a deal with a nice couple that moved here from Alabama, and had 3 of my listings sell while I was in Vegas at the convention.

and, yes I did lose some money on the blackjack table. Stay tuned for next weeks update on more specifically what I learned in Vegas. Thanks, David "the real estate man" Wertan of Re/Max

No comments: